Weigh Loss and Obesity Treatment in Indore
How to lose weight is one of the most pressing health questions for many people.
People gain weight by consuming more energy than they burn, so consuming fewer calories, or energy, can help. However, other factors play a role, such as genetic factors, metabolism, hormones, the type of food you eat, your body type, and lifestyle.
Health experts around the world now see obesity Trusted Source as an epidemic.
Every year, at least 2.8 million people die due to complications related to excess weight.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the prevalence of obesity was 42.4%Trusted Source of adults in the U.S. from 2017 to 2018.
Obesity affects some groups more than others. According to the CDC, 49.6% of Non-Hispanic Black adults are obese, followed by 44.8% of Hispanic adults, 42.2% of non-Hispanic White adults, and 17.4% of non-Hispanic Asian adults.
The health risks of excess weight include:
- a higher risk of diabetes
- certain types of cancer
Why lose weight?
There are many reasons for losing weight:
- Appearance: Some people may feel that if they lose weight, they will look more attractive, fitter, or healthier. Confidence and body image: Some people with excess weight or obesity may feel uncomfortable about their appearance.
- Overall health: Maintaining an appropriate weight can help to boost overall health and prevent diseases such as type 2 diabetes.
- Specific conditions: Symptoms of sleep apnea or type 2 diabetes, for example, may improve or go away when a person loses excess weight.
- Fitness: A weight-loss program that involves exercise can leave a person feeling fitter, with more energy and stamina.
- Sports competitions: In some sports, such as boxing, an individual may seek to control their weight to stay in their existing weight category.
- Fertility: Fertility treatment appears to be more effective Trusted Source in women with obesity and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) if they lose some weight before treatment.
Many diet plans make weight-loss claims. It can be difficult to know if they are true.
Some are evidence-based, safe, and effective, but others are not. Many health professionals, dietitians, and nutritionists agree that the best results tend to come from combining a healthy, weight-reduction diet with physical activity, especially in the long term.
It is not always possible to know how effective a diet will be.
If a person wants to lose weight, there are many factors to consider, such as age, sex, diet, activity level, and health conditions.
Health professionals have found that reducing calories, exercising, eating a healthy and balanced diet, and getting enough sleep can help people lose weight.
In some cases, a person may benefit from surgery, such as bariatric surgery, to lose weight. In some cases, too much weight loss can be problematic for a person’s health.
A person should check with a medical professional, if possible, before changing their diet and exercise routine.