Best Endoscopy in Indore
Endoscopy – Endoscopy is a nonsurgical method to examine the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum (upper small intestine) with help of an endoscope. An endoscope is a thin flexible fiber optic rubber tube with a light and camera attached to the tube and pictures are displayed on the TV.
Pt requires 5 hrs absolute fasting (no water and food) before the procedure.
An endoscope is passed over the tongue via the mouth into a food pipe to gain entry into the stomach and small intestine. This is normally done while the patient is sedated or awake patient using a throat local anesthetic spray. So pt will not feel any discomfort. Endoscopy is done to diagnose as well as treatment of these organs. It is an outpatient procedure, not requires admission, and is completed within 5 to 10 minutes. Pt
Endoscopy is recommended for diagnosing certain symptoms and diseases.
We use upper GI endoscopy to help diagnose and treat symptoms and conditions that affect the esophagus, stomach, and upper intestine or duodenum.
Upper GI Endoscopy can Help Find the Cause of Unexplained Symptoms, Such As
- persistent heartburn
- nausea and vomiting
- problems swallowing
- unexplained weight loss
Upper GI Endoscopy can be Used to Identify Many Different Diseases:
- gastroesophageal reflux disease
- inflammation, or swelling
- precancerous abnormalities such as Barrett’s esophagus
- celiac disease
- strictures or narrowing of the esophagus
Upper GI endoscopy can check for damage after a person eats or drinks harmful chemicals.
During upper GI endoscopy, a doctor obtains biopsies by passing an instrument through the endoscope to obtain a small piece of tissue for testing. Biopsies are needed to diagnose conditions such as
- celiac disease
Doctors also Use Upper GI Endoscopy to
- treat conditions such as bleeding from ulcers, esophageal varices, or other conditions
- dilate or open up strictures with a small balloon passed through the endoscope
- remove objects, including food, that may be stuck in the upper GI tract
- remove polyps or other growths
- place feeding tubes or drainage tubes
Doctors are also starting to use upper GI endoscopy to perform weight loss procedures for some people with obesity.